Again I ask…Are You Ready?
On this Rosh Hashanah, Yom Teruah, Feast of Trumpets, I would like to remember the need to be ready for the coming of the Lord. This article may be different from my others. But here it goes.
None of us are perfect. Not one. On the day that the Lord comes to remove His Bride, the Church from the earth, we will have sinned already in some fashion before even lifting our heads off of the pillow, most likely in thought. For some this may be an exaggeration but I use this hyperbole to show that none of us are without sin. We are all in need of forgiveness. We all need a savior. We all need to humble ourselves and accept the fact that we are not good; we are filthy. We are not holy or righteous by nature, only by what Jesus accomplishes within us.
We need to remember to forgive wholeheartedly and to speak and think on good things. Remember how God forgave you when your sin and debt to Him were so astronomical that you could never pay him back. Remember what He did for you so that you could be forgiven and then show that mercy and grace to someone else. We all have to remember that if we’re ambassadors of Christ we have to monitor our behavior. We are to speak gently to everyone and to show kindness and love even to those who make us want to pull our hair completely out. That doesn’t mean Christians are doormats but just look at how Jesus, Son of God humbled Himself for us.
On top of that, being an ambassador of Christ or a representative is a huge deal. That means that when we sin, we’re telling the world that this is what Christ represents. See? It matters what we say and do and it matters even more when they don’t add up. If I say I believe in Jesus Christ and that I am to live for Him, then it becomes my duty to ACT LIKE IT. We are not perfect and while in this mortal form, we never will be. Carnal desires are going to be before us at all times. But there is a difference in making a mistake in committing a sin, and living in sin as a habitual lifestyle. We have to do the Lord’s work. When we are called to do something for Christ, we cannot afford to ignore the call. Our job on this earth as Christians is to let our light shine that we may 1)Glorify God, and 2)Bring souls to Him.
This Feast of Trumpets I’m urging everyone including myself, because I am guilty of every single sin, to seek the Lord and ask for forgiveness. Then turn over a new leaf and do better. I have to find kinder words. I have to stop lusting after things that aren’t mine. I have to put an end to my lethargy and put forth a greater effort toward things of the Lord. See, since I know better, I’m required to do better. I’m telling myself, as well as those who may read this, that now is the time to grope after the Lord. Time is short and when He calls us home and we stand before the judgment seat of Christ to receive our rewards according to our works, I want Him to say to me, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” And I know that’s something I haven’t always been. I want my works to amount to precious rewards, not burn and amount to a heap of nothingness.
Now is not the time to debate the existence of God. Guess what? He’s there. There is plenty of proof. People who want to do as they please find reasons to believe He’s not. But their so-called “proof” leads to one conclusion: that they can’t conclusively prove a darn thing. It’s all still a guess and of all things to gamble on, they choose their soul. How sad. If people want proof that there is a God and that the Holy Bible is true and the one sure way to salvation, they need only search the Scripture. Every prophecy ever given in the Bible has been fulfilled or is on it’s way to being fulfilled in the future.
Pastor Billy Crone came out with a series called, “The Final Countdown.” You can find it on YouTube. Not only does he provide indisputable evidence that we are living in the Last Days, or the End Times, but through the Bible prophecies he uses to show this, he also proves the existence of God. Now this is not the crux of his message but as he goes on, you will see that all of these prophecies are fulfilled and being fulfilled just as the Bible said. It cannot be a coincidence and it cannot be made up. The prophecies were given 2-3 thousand years ago.
I’ll give you some notes I took from the first video in the series.
Prophecies of Israel:
- Israel will return to the land -Isaiah 43 “I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west, I will say to the north, “Give them up,” and to the south, “Do not hold them back.” Israel had to have been scattered first, mind you. And they were since 70 AD at the destruction of the Jewish Temple. The Jews returned to the land in that order. East-early 1900s, west- mid 1900s from Europe too, North-1980s Russia and south-May 25, 1991 Israel struck a deal with Ethiopia and 14,500 Jews were airlifted back to Israel.
- Israel will become a nation-Isaiah 11:11-12- “In that day the Lord will bring back a remnant of people for the second time returning from the land of Assyria, Lower Egypt, Upper Egypt, Ethiopia, Elam, Babylonia, Hamath, and all the distant coast lands. He will raise a flag among the nations for Israel to rally around. He will gather the scattered people of Judah from the ends of the Earth.” Ezekiel 37:25” And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant wherein your fathers dwelt, and they shall dwell therein, they and their children, and their children’s children forever. And David my servant shall be their prince forever.” Since 721 BC about 14 different people have conquered the land of Israel. But on May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation and in 1967 they recovered Jerusalem.
- Brought forth (made a nation) in one day-Isaiah 66:8 “Has a nation ever been born in a single day? Has a country ever come forth in a mere moment? But by the time Jerusalem’s birth pains begin the baby will be born and the nation will come forth in one day.” May 14, 1948 4pm the declaration was made that Israel is established as a nation.
- Become a united nation again- Ezekiel 37:21-22 “And give them this message from the Sovereign Lord. I will gather the people of Israel from among the nations. I will bring them home to their own land from the places they have been scattered. I will unify them into one nation in the land. One king will rule them all: no longer will it be divided into two nations.” In 926 BC divided was divided into 2 kingdoms: Northern 10 tribes of Israel and the other 2 called Judah. But when the Jews came together as a nation in 1948 the kingdoms were joined as one.
- The currency will be the Shekel-Ezekiel 45:12, 13, 16 “The standard unit for weight will be the silver Shekel. This is the tax you must give to the prince. All the people of Israel must join the prince in bringing their offerings.” Israel didn’t have the Shekel when they first became a nation. They used the British Pound. But in 1980 they happened to switch back to the Shekel and they use it to this day.
- They will blossom like a rose in the desert-Isaiah 35:1-2 “Even the wilderness will rejoice in those days. The desert will blossom with flowers. Yes there will be an abundance of flowers and singing and joy! The deserts will become as green as the mountains of Lebanon, as lovely as Mount Carmel’s pastures, and the plane of Sharon. The Lord will display His glory, the splendor of our God.” The land is special to the Jews and to God. It’s called the Promised Land, good land, the land of milk and honey. Josephus at the time said, “For the whole area is excellent for crops and pasturage. Rich in trees of every kind so that by its fertility it invites even those least inclined to work on the land! Every inch has been cultivated by the inhabitants and not a parcel goes to waste. Thanks to the natural abundance in the soil, many villages are densely populated.” That all changed for the worse in the last 2000 years as the land was inhabited and ravaged by foreign occupiers abusing the land. They left Israel a wasteland. In 1845 Alfon Lamartine recalls in his book, Recollections from the East, “Outside the walls of Jerusalem, we saw no living being, heard no living voice. We encountered the desolation and deadly silence expected at the ruined gates of Pompey. A total, eternal dread spell envelops the city, villages and highways.” Mark Twain in 1860 said Israel is a barren wasteland with no trees. The further we went the hotter the sun got and the more rocky and bare. Repulsive and dreary the landscape became. Around the Sea of Galilee he said it was a blistering, naked tree-less land. Villages are “ugly and cramped and squalid and uncomfortable and filthy, and a solitude to make one dreary rusty mounds of barrenness. Sheep were eating gravel because there was no grass.” 1905 Prime Minister of the Netherlands “The Jews have come in vain. Only God can check the blight of the inrushing desert.” AND GOD DID! For 2000 years conquerors tried to revive the land and it didn’t work until the Jews moved back in! When they returned the land responded and the land became more than fertile again. It is now the bread basket of the Middle East and they are majorly exporting huge sweet fruits all over the world. They built a crazy high tech irrigation system and the water already in the soil is tailored to cultivate amazing produce and flowers. It just needed the Jews to discover it again. Mind you…in the desert!
- Powerful military-Zechariah 12:6 “In that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.” Israel has been victorious against all odds. Within hours of Israel’s independence, Egypt Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded Israel. That’s about 20 million people while at the time Israel had about 1 million but they won the war, whooped butt and expanded their land by 20%. They have also trained other militaries around the world. Tiny little Israel has full nuclear capabilities, one of the most powerful militaries on the planet and the most powerful in the region.
- Israel will be the center of conflict-Zechariah 12:2-3 “I will make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. And all who try to move it will injure themselves. Please just watch the news. It’s sitting on oil. All three major religions look to it as a holy site, etc.
- Peace, safety, destruction -1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 (being fulfilled) “Now brethren, about times and seasons you have no need that I write to you, for you know perfectly well that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night. While they say peace and safety (security), then sudden destruction will come upon them like a woman in travail with child and they will not escape.” Peace and security is the phrase all governments including the USA use when addressing the Israel/Middle East conflict.
- Israel will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem- Revelation 11:1-8 “I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the Temple of God and the altar and count the worshipers there. But exclude the outer court. Do not measure it because it’s been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the Holy City for 42 months. And I will give power to my two witnesses and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees and two lamp stands that stand before the Lord on the earth. If anyone tries to harm them fire will come out of their mouths and devours their enemies. Anyone who wants to harm them must die. These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague. As we breathe at this very moment the Jewish people have prepared everything that needs to be in place for the Temple. Everything is complete according to Levitical Law…all the way down to the priests who must be descendents of Aaron, and the Red Heifer which only recently came back into existence after 3000 years.
My point is to the scoffers and skeptics. Open your eyes and your hearts and stop blocking out the truth that you know lives inside you. He is real and He lives! He died to save you and to keep you from having to pay for your own sins via eternal damnation! But if you refuse to accept that then you have opted for hell. The choice is and always has been yours and I don’t see what anyone has ever lost or failed to gain from believing in and living for Christ Jesus.
My point to all including myself is that time is short. This Feast of Trumpets, this Rosh Hashanah, this Yom Teruah, I urge everyone to shake off sin, represent Christ in our speech and behavior, seek Him, talk to Him through prayer. Believe in Him because He is the only way to be saved from wrath on Earth and wrath after. See time is short. This is a reality every time a year passes and we see another Feast of Trumpets.
Many of us Christians believe that this is the mysterious 2-day feast on which the Church could be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Known to the world as the Rapture. We need to be READY. Jesus is not coming for a Bride that isn’t ready and wearing her wedding dress, prepared to meet Him. He wants us waiting for Him at the door expecting Him and ready to go. And one of these days, it’s coming. One of these days, the chance to change for the better, the opportunity to be saved and be part of the Church who Christ holds so dear is going to be GONE. And it’s going to happen without warning.
So be ready. Love one another. Be giving and kind. Repent for your sins and kick those dirty little things to the curb. Dwell on Christ-like thoughts. Don’t conform to the world. Leave behind all unholy behaviors. You may not accomplish it in a day but you must be in agreement with God that sin is wrong and that you need Jesus to cleanse you from it. Most importantly, believe in Jesus. Fall on your face and tell Him you need Him and that you accept His sacrifice on the cross. Thank Him for taking the punishment that you deserve and I deserve to endure for eternity. TODAY check yourself, examine your life, live for Christ. You never know when the Last Trump is going to sound.
I love you all and God loves you more.